J. Thomas Shaw, 1919-2011

Molly Thomasy Blasing thomasy at WISC.EDU
Mon Apr 11 18:20:01 UTC 2011

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of the UW Slavic Department, I write with news of the death of Professor J. Thomas Shaw, who passed away on April 4th at the age of 91.  Professor Shaw was a founding father of our profession, a prolific scholar, and a mentor to several generations of Slavists. He lived a long and productive life, and will be greatly missed.

More information on his rich life and the upcoming April 16th memorial service is available here: http://www.madison.com/obit/188051

Sincerely,
Molly Blasing