SEELANGS Digest - 15 Apr 2011 to 16 Apr 2011 (#2011-124)

Yokoyama, Olga olga at HUMNET.UCLA.EDU
Sun Apr 17 16:46:22 UTC 2011

Dear all,

I would like to bring to your attention the following link on the Pushkin family Boldino estate:

http://rbth.ru/articles/2011/04/13/boldino_a_haven_for_russias_greatest_poet_12719.html

The essay and the slide show is by a fellow American Russist, Professor Bill Brumfield, whose beautiful contributions to the field I have watched for some years now. Those who are interested in the whole series may want to check out this website:

http://rbth.ru/discovering_russia

It has been a while since I discovered the Russia outside Moscow and SPb, and Bill's slides capture the beauty of places unknown to most scholars and students working in the field. Traveling in Russia is not easy. Bill has done it for the rest of us putting these sights at "just a click away".

Regards,

Olga T. Yokoyama

Professor

Department of Applied Linguistics