Zhivago in the classroom

Jessica Brandt brandtj at MAIL.MONTCLAIR.EDU
Wed Apr 20 14:16:11 UTC 2011

Dear SEELANGers,

I have a question which may or may not grow into a research project, but
I thought I would seek the wisdom of your collective experience out of
my own curiosity.  For those of you who teach literature and/or culture
courses, whether in the original or in translation, do you teach Dr.
Zhivago, and if so, how do you use it in your classes?  I know that is a
terribly broad question, but I'd like to leave that last bit open to
your interpretation.  And if there is any particular reason why you
don't teach it, I'd be interested to hear that as well.

Please reply off-list to jessica.brandt at montclair.edu.  Any thoughts
will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Jessica Brandt