Debates around animal rights in 19th-century Russia?

William Nickell bnickell at UCSC.EDU
Wed Apr 20 17:35:00 UTC 2011

Dear Amanda,

Your student may be interested in reading Tolstoy's Kholstomer (Strider), which he wrote in 1863, just after the emancipation, though it was not published until later (1886).

Bill Nickell