UPDATE: Summer Courses at EUSP, St. Petersburg - July 2011

Sergei Erofeev erofeev at EU.SPB.RU
Fri Apr 22 12:35:24 UTC 2011

Dear friends, this is to answer some regular QUESTIONS about
----------The SUMMER COURSES-----------
conducted by the European University at St. Petersburg on 2-29 July 2011.
<<<<<<<<<  http://www.eu.spb.ru/summer >>>>>>>>>>
-----------imares at eu.spb.ru------------

ACCOMMODATION in St. Petersburg:
- The news is that now the European University has one more student apartment and it is possible that everyone will be provided with a single room at no extra cost!  It is still within walking distance from both the university and Nevsky Prospect, very central.

APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- Some people ask whether the deadline for applications could be extended.  The answer is YES for those who live in the European Union, because the visa invitation process has become much faster.  Those who live in France, Germany, Italy, Poland etc. can get the invitation as late as 20 June to get the visa in time.  We do recommend, however, that at least the application form (attached) is submitted much earlier.
- The speedy procedure does not apply to applications from Britain and Sweden although it is still the EU.  For them, like for those from the USA, Canada or Switzerland the process takes 30 days of the invitation preparation only not counting the mailing time and the time to deal with the Russian consulate.  So the deadline for applicants from these countries cannot be moved till later than 23 May.
- The applications are to be emailed to imares at eu.spb.ru.

THE COURSES DISTRIBUTION remains the same
- Russian language takes 50% of the study load.  The rest is taught in English by the internationally leading professors in the field.
- The courses' descriptions can b seen at http://www.eu.spb.ru/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1189&Itemid=472&lang=en

THE COST
- This is not going to change and will remain the same as last year. The fee for the full four weeks inclusive of accommodation, cultural program, airport transfers, meals on class days, etc is $4,000.  There is also the 'tuition only' option with the fee of $2,500.
- 'Tuition only' option can be used if the student has the visa, a place to stay and arranges for their own meals and, if needed, a cultural program.

MA, BA, mature students?
- Both MA and BA students are eligible to apply.
- Mature students have been a great part of our schools.

We will be happy to answer more questions.  These are just those that have been repeating.

The other programs which might interest you or people you know are:
- The Undergaduate Spring Semester in Russia (USSR - http://www.eu.spb.ru/semester), a BA module.
- The new MARCA Master's program (MA in Russian Culture and the Arts - http://www.eu.spb.ru/marca, with the introductory tuition discount)
- The famous IMARES graduate program (International MA in Russian and Eurasian Studies - http://www.eu.spb.ru/imares)

We will be happy to answer your further questions.

With our best wishes,

International Office Team (imares at eu.spb.ru)
European University at St. Petersburg
Tel./fax +7 812 579 4402