Petition for Greek Universities

Αλεξάνδρα Ιωαννίδου alerosa at OTENET.GR
Thu Aug 4 07:33:31 UTC 2011

Dear colleagues,

Greek universities are facing a new legislation which will have devastating results including the full privatisation of research, the disappearance of academic departments and the ostracism of democracy from academic life. Greek universities this year have already lost more than 50% of their funding. A short text explaining the situation is available in English, French, German, Italian and Greek at http://supportgreekacademia.wordpress.com/

We would be most grateful if you forward this message. You can sign our petition by using
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?GRUNIV

Best regards,

On behalf  of the initiative of Greek Academics,

Alexandra Ioannidou