David Publishing

Park, Lynda lypark at PITT.EDU
Wed Aug 17 16:39:23 UTC 2011

I also heard from other learned societies that this scam by "David Publishing" is going around.  It is a pay to publish scam.

Lynda Park, Executive Director
Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies
(formerly AAASS)
203C Bellefield Hall
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260-6424
USA
(412) 648-9788 (direct), 648-9911 (main)
(412) 648-9815 (fax)
www.aseees.org
Find us on Facebook
Join us on LinkedIn
Follow us on Twitter

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list [mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Mark Konecny
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 12:01 PM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: [SEELANGS] David Publishing

Dear Seelangers,
I just got an unsolicited submission request from the History Research journal for a paper I gave at AATSEEL. The email looked a bit strange with some language problems. I googled David Publishing and several people are reporting it is a pay to publish scam. I did not reply to the email and have no first hand knowledge of whether it is a scam or not, but I thought I might at least raise the issue among my colleagues.