Lambert Academic Publishing/VDM

John Dunn John.Dunn at GLASGOW.AC.UK
Fri Aug 26 10:39:59 UTC 2011

I notice that Lambert Academic Publishing are linked to VDM; indeed, the management team and the address are identical, as is the content of the web-sites [http://www.vdm-publishing.com/] except for the curious difference that VDM is in German and English, while Lambert is in Russian and English.

A while ago someone I know was approached by VDM, seeking, somewhat aggressively, I thought, to publish his thesis.   The offer looked distinctly odd to me, though as far as I remember, the visible problem was not so much financial, as relating to control over content, plus a general uneasy impression that the offer looked too good to be true.  Perhaps there is someone else who has had an approach from VDM (or any other of their off-shoots?) who could enlighten us further.

In the meantime the collective wisdom of this list could consider the question why the name Lambert is thought more likely to appeal to a Russian academic author than VDM.

John Dunn.