Cyrillic and Latin characters

Jules Levin ameliede at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Aug 29 04:26:48 UTC 2011

On 8/28/2011 8:51 PM, Alina Israeli wrote:
> Here http://russianmentor.net/VCS_front/Club_plates.htm you can find a
> whole bunch of such license plates, including mine.
>
> In Virginia it is a form of a national sport for Russians, and then we
> pass each other on the road to make sure the other person saw your
> plates. Around here there you can find a CTEPBA, BOPOH, XEPHDOH
> (actually just a name of a town), HACTEHA, CTEPEO  and many others.
>
> AI
>

> Aug 28, 2011, в 9:53 PM, Robert A. Rothstein написал(а):
>

>> Several years ago, while visiting my brother and sister-in-law in
>> Southern California, I spotted a license plate that read BCE DOMA. I
>> still wonder whether the driver of the SUV that bore that plate was
>> proclaiming her sanity or asserting that when she drove, everyone
>> else in the family stayed home.
>>
>> Bob Rothstein

As for license plates, our late colleague in California, Lou Pedrotti,
had the license plate KO MHE.
As for all the excesses of some of you out there, with your 6's, and
JI's, it offends my purism in this exercise.  Otherwise I would just
have suggested 'R' for Я.  After all, if TOYS Я US can do it...
Jules Levin
LA