translation workshop at AATSEEL

Sibelan Forrester sforres1 at SWARTHMORE.EDU
Mon Jan 3 20:56:46 UTC 2011

Dear colleagues,

I write to invite you to the translation workshop at the imminent
AATSEEL conference in Pasadena. This year the workshop will involve
three poetic translations from Russian at the sensitive and fascinating
stage just before completion; we have drafts from three outstanding
translators/translatorial teams, Margo Rosen (Pushkin), Nina
Shevchuk-Murray (Tsvetaeva) and Anne O. Fisher and Derek Mong (Maxim
Amelin). We will meet on January 7 (Friday) at 10:45 a.m. in the San
Diego room.

Please contact me *off-list* if you would find it useful to see the
draft translations ahead of time.

With best wishes, and hoping to see you there!

Sibelan

Sibelan Forrester
Professor of Russian
Modern Languages and Literatures