2001 AATSEEL Special Poetry Events

Olga Livshin afol at UAA.ALASKA.EDU
Wed Jan 5 23:05:37 UTC 2011

Dear SEELANGers,
    You are cordially invited to the 2011 AATSEEL events dedicated to contemporary Russian poetry. This year, we have a wonderful mix of authors from the Russian Federation and the United States, including Alexei Tsvetkov, winner of the Andrey Bely Prize and AATSEEL Featured Poet, and Psoy Korolenko, one of Russia's most famous postmodern singer-songwriters. The panels are thematic. Readings by the poets are followed by comments by a discussant and discussion with the audience. The full roster of events is below.
    Many warm thanks to our supporters this year--we will be able to have a great series of events, thanks to their efforts. A special thank-you to Stephanie Sandler for fund-raising  for the AATSEEL Poetry Fund.
    All the best,
    Olga Livshin, University of Alaska Anchorage
    Maria Khotimsky, Harvard University
    Keren Klimovsky, Brown University

January 7, 7:00pm-9:00pm
7D-1 Panel: AATSEEL Featured Poet: A Reading and Discussion (Room: Pasadena I)
Panel Chair: Keren Klimovsky, Brown University
Panelist: Aleksei Tsvetkov, New York
Discussant: Stephanie Sandler, Harvard University

January 8, 1:15pm-3:15pm
8B-11 Panel: Russian Lyrical Poetry in the 21st Century: A Reading and Discussion (Room: Pacific A)
Panel Chair: Svetlana Corwin, Belmont Abbey College
Panelist: Elena Suntsova, New York
Panelist: Leonid Drozner, New York
Panelist: Rafael Levchin, REFLECT/KUADUSESHCHT
Panelist: Andrei Filimonov, Tomsk
Discussant: Maria Khotimsky, Harvard University

January 8, 3:45pm-5:45pm
8C-13 Panel: Poetry as the Spoken Word: Performances and Discussion (Room: San Diego)
Panel Chair: Yelena Zotova, University of Illinois-Chicago
Panelist: Psoy Korolenko, Moscow
Panelist: Anton Tenser, Chicago
Discussants:
Gerald Janecek, University of Kentucky