ASEEES registration

Fri Jan 7 18:11:14 UTC 2011

Lynda Park replied to this query:

There are many ways of generating passwords that are easy to remember
and hard to guess. Here are a couple of examples; be creative.

You could move your fingers off the "home keys" (ASDF/JKL;) to
QWER/UIOP. Then a password "E.Gapova" becomes "#lTq-0fq" -- easily typed
and remembered, but hard to guess.

On my laptop, there's no separate number pad, so if I turn on "num
lock," some of the regular keyboard becomes numbers and math operators.
Thus, with num lock on, the password "E.Gapova" becomes "E.Ga*6va".

I don't know if the ASEEES system will accept non-Western characters,
but "Е.Гапова" would be easy to remember but hard to guess outside of
Russia. Or if you typed "Е.Гапова" using the English keyboard, you'd get
"T/Ufgjdf" -- again, easy to type, hard to guess.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com