Looking for ASEEES panel participants

Maggie Levantovskaya magfrom17th at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 8 00:51:44 UTC 2011

Dear Marin,
I am a PhD candidate at the University of CA, San Diego and I am just
writing to express interest in your idea to plan a panel on
Russian-Jewish identity. My dissertation work deals specifically with
this topic, treating literature from the past two decades that deals
with Soviet diaspora identities. I look at the authors Ludmilla
Ulitskaya, Dina Rubina and Gary Shteyngart, among others.
Let me know how this sounds to you.
Best,
Maggie

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Marin Turk <urkma at umich.edu> wrote:
> Dear SEELANGS subscribers,
>
> I would like to form a panel on one of the following topics
> 1) Russian-Jewish identity formation
> 2) Adaptations of Pushkin's works
> 3) Majority culture re-worked/adapted by minority communities.
> 4) Problematizing the boundary between peripheral and "center" literatures
> 5) "cultural" translation: translation of one culture into another
>
> Please send an e-mail to urkma at umich.edu if you are interested or if you
> have a paper on a related topic not listed.
>
> Thank you,
> Marin Turk
> urkma at umich.edu

>  options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface at:
>                    http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/

Margarita (Maggie) Levantovskaya
PhD Candidate
Department of Literature
Muir Writing
University of California at San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093-0503