KinoKultura 31

Birgit Beumers birgitbeumers at YAHOO.CO.UK
Thu Jan 13 20:35:27 UTC 2011

The January issue (#31) of KinoKultura is now available at
http://www.kinokultura.com/2011/issue31.shtml

I am also delighted to welcome Greg Dolgopolov on the editorial board, and
announce that - thanks to him!!! - KinoKultura now has a "Face": Our
Facebook page can be found at
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_121782551225123&sfrm

Contents of the January issue

Articles
Anton Sidorenko: The Coma Continues: New Belarusian Cinema
Liliia Nemchenko: Signs of the Everyday in Post-Soviet Cinema

Interviews
Interview with Iurii Shiller: Between document and prose?
Interview with Andrei Stempkovskii: The text is not important

Film Reviews
Oleg Assadulin: Phobos by Jeremy Morris
Dmitrii Astrakhan: Nice and Good People Live on Earth by Christina Stojanova
Lidiia Bobrova: I Believe! by Rimgaila Salys
Iaroslav Chevazhevskii: Happy End by Christine Engel
Vadim Dubrovitskii: Ivanov by Joe Andrew
Aleksei Fedorchenko: Silent Souls (Buntings) by Serguei A. Oushakine
Iurii Feting: Bibinur (Tatarstan) by Elena Monastireva-Ansdell
Egor Konchalovskii (ed.) Moscow I Love You (almanac) by Sylvia Hölzl
Grigorii Konstantinopol’skii: Pussycat by Sergey Toymentsev
Iuliia Mazurova: Over the City by Saskia Weber
Sergei Osipian, Aleksandr Lungin: Act of Nature by Ian Garner
Elena and Nikolai Renard: Mama by Emily Schuckman
Ramil Salakhutdinov: Who Wasn’t There by Chip Crane
Alena Semenova, Aleksandr Smirnov: The Rowan Waltz by Fred Corney
Iurii Shiller: Sparrow by José Alaniz
Sergei Solov’ev: Classmates by Oleg Sulkin
Andrei Stempkovskii: Reverse Motion by Sergey Dobrynin

Central Asia and Caucasus Region:
Khuat Akhmetov: Who are you, Mister Ka? (Kazakhstan) by Daniel H. Wild
Suren Babayan: Don’t Look in the Mirror (Armenia) by Genia Boivin
Levan Koguashvili: Street Days (Georgia) by Julie Christensen
Otar Iosseliani: Chantrapas (France/Georgia) by Andrei Rogatchevski
Chingiz Rasulzade: The Dolls (Azerbaijan) by Sasha Senderovich

On the eve of the "Old New Year" the KiKu editorial team wishes you a
happy 2011 - and we look forward to seeing you on facebook!

Birgit Beumers, Editor