charities in St. Petersburg?

Inna Caron caron.4 at BUCKEYEMAIL.OSU.EDU
Mon Jan 24 22:22:06 UTC 2011

Dear SEELANGers,

In the United States if you call the Salvation Army, they would come and pick up your donation in the event you are unable to deliver it on your own. My mother is in the process of leaving St. Petersburg and relocating to the U.S. She has already mailed ahead most of our home library, but there is still a good number of books, mostly fiction, some children's literature, and some specialized chess literature in Russian and German that belonged to my father. She has suffered a stroke and has a very hard time moving around, but public libraries she has called would only accept a donation if it were delivered to them.

Does anyone know of a philanthropic organization in St. Petersburg similar to the Salvation Army who would be interested in these books, perhaps for a nursing home, an orphanage, or any other place where they would be used for reading, and not as kindling?

Many thanks in advance for any information.

Sincerely,

Inna Caron