Chtenia 13: Winter 2011 issue is out

Paul Richardson paulr at RUSSIANLIFE.NET
Wed Jan 26 01:09:41 UTC 2011

Chtenia: Readings from Russia (Issue 13)

Issue theme: "Luck"
Of course, for our 13th issue, we had to take on “Luck” as our theme. But where do you look for luck in Russian literature and memoirs? How about in the works of Pushkin, Tolstoy, Bunin, Aleshkovsky, Tsvetaeva and half a dozen others?

CONTENTS

The Queen of Spades, by Alexander Pushkin

The Fatalist, by Mikhail Lermontov

Ordinary People, by Mina Musievsky

Please Accept My Compliments Lady Luck, by Bulat Okudzhava

Lady Luck, by Mikhail Ivanov

Joy, by Anton Chekhov

How Auntie Told Granny, by Lev Tolstoy

Snow Drifts 4, by Marina Tsvetaeva