Two more Bazhov questions

William Ryan wfr at SAS.AC.UK
Wed Jan 26 15:14:51 UTC 2011

In defence of Ralph Cleminson I would point out that a good many of the
translation queries which come to this list (though not normally
Robert's) could have been solved simply by looking properly at
dictionaries, and especially Dal', or using a good Russian web browser
such as Yandex. I was taught Russian in the British Navy by a man who
regularly responded to questions by saying "I had to look that up - why
can't you?". However, such an approach here would spoil a lot of our
coffee break fun, and some queries, however basic, have sometimes led to
interesting and informative exchanges.

Will