Nabokov the Lepidopterist

Lewis B. Sckolnick info at RUNANYWHERE.COM
Wed Jan 26 20:10:59 UTC 2011

  The Land Bridge mentioned in the article was most likely 600-800 miles
wide x 1000-1600 miles high as opposed to the strip bridge we have been
indoctrinated with. Earthquakes changed the topography. Take a look at
any good bathymetric map and see for yourself. The Bering and Chukchi
Seas are wading pools.

Our family name was butterfly in Yiddish until my grandfather simplified
things.

> An interesting article on Nabokov the lepidopterist from yesterday's NYT:
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/01/science/01butterfly.html?src=me&ref=homepage

>    options, and more.  Visit and bookmark the SEELANGS Web Interface at:
>                      http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/

Lewis B. Sckolnick
The Ledge House
130 Rattlesnake Gutter Road, Suite 1000