handy sites for converting gibberish to Cyrillic?

Josh Wilson jwilson at SRAS.ORG
Thu Jan 27 17:22:08 UTC 2011

I think this is what you are looking for:

http://2cyr.com/decode/?lang=en

This and lots of other handy sites are catalogued here:

http://www.sras.org/library

Best,

Josh Wilson
Assistant Director
The School of Russian and Asian Studies
Editor in Chief
Vestnik, The Journal of Russian and Asian Studies
SRAS.org
jwilson at sras.org

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Jennifer Tishler
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:03 PM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: [SEELANGS] handy sites for converting gibberish to Cyrillic?

  Dear SEELANGers,

I know this has been discussed on this site before, but I can't seem to
login to the SEELANGS archive to check. I've just received a document in
PDF that was supposed to be in Russian, but all I'm seeing is gibberish,
most likely due to coding issues: ("Ðåêîìåíäàöèÿ"). Are there any handy
sites where I could copy and paste the text and get something legible in
return?

Many thanks,
Jennifer