CFP: Witkacy Artaud & Mayakowsky September 16-18, 2011

Mark Rudnicki siwitkacy at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 28 13:20:43 UTC 2011

*Call for Papers and Contributions:*
**
*Witkacy Artaud & Mayakowsky: Brothers in Time and Creativity*

A Conference & Event Commemorating: the Relationships between the Life and
Work of:

Stanislaw Ignacy Witkiewicz ‘Witkacy’ (1885-1939)
Antonin Artaud (1896 –1948)
Vladimir Mayakowsky (1893 – 1930)

*Dates*:
September 16 - 18, 2011

*Location*:
The Polish Association of Theatrical Artists (Z.A.S.P.)
Ale Ujazdowskie 45
00-536 Warszawa

www.zasp.pl

This address comes to you following the success of Witkacy 2009 and Witkacy
2010.  These events generated enormous interest and the papers contributed
are in line for publication. Information about these may be found at:
www.witkacy2009.com and www.witkacy2010.com Details of the forthcoming event
will be found atwww.witkacy2011.com where booking facilities will shortly be
in place.

Emphasis here, of course, would be on those papers which were original and
not previously published. Given the subject matter it is understandable that
contributors may wish to present in their mother tongue. Where this is the
case we would expressly request an English language version of the text be
available since we will be intending to publish in English.
With respect to those wishing to contribute in the form of performance we
will be looking for a monodrama form or small cast pieces of around 45
minutes length devoted to; Witkacy, Artaud or Mayakowsky.

This three day event designed to commemorate the life, work and creativity
of Witkacy Artaud and Mayakowsky is aspiring to look for points of contrast
and comparison. We very much welcome contributions from practitioners and to
underline this, the event is dedicated to the life and work of arguably
Poland’s greatest director: Jerzy Jarocki

Jerzy Jarocki's theatre performances are characterised by their deep realism
based on a profoundly analytical approach to the text and an unparralelled
genius for obtaining exquisite and sensitive performance from cast and
associated professionals alike.

Please submit abstracts of 250-300 words in a Microsoft Word Document to
director at witkacy2011.com by March 14th, 2011. For further details of the
project and to view the program as it stands please visit:
www.witkacy2011.com  Telephone enquiries may be directed to:  00 44 (0)
7805758788

Kevin Anthony Hayes
Artistic Director Witkacy 2011