Russian Teacher, full-time

Armen Dedekian armen_dedekian at BBNS.ORG
Mon Jan 31 18:31:05 UTC 2011

Buckingham Browne & Nichols Job Posting Notice

Position Open:		Russian Teacher, Full-Time

Starting date:		September 2011

Department:		Upper School World Languages Department

Job Summary:
We are seeking a full-time Russian teacher. Primary responsibilities include
teaching Four (4) Russian classes [Levels I-IV] and coordinating our ongoing
exchange program with our sister school in Moscow, Russia which was
established in 1988.

About BB&N:
BB&N, a coeducational day school in Cambridge, MA, was established in 1974
by the merger of two independent schools, the Buckingham School and the
Browne & Nichols School, founded respectively in 1889 and 1883. The Russian
program, one of the oldest in the U.S., was started in 1956. Located on
three separate campuses, we work as one School in pursuit of excellence. We
celebrate the diversity of our community, which enriches our daily
experience. At BB&N we foster intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and
a deep concern and respect for others.

Skills and Competencies:
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in Russian who can play
a musical instrument or enjoys leading a Russian singing group. Bachelors
degree required, masters preferred and at least two years' full-time
teaching experience, preferably in independent schools. In addition the
ideal candidate will demonstrate the following:
•	Ability to engage students to converse in Russian in and out of class
•	Time commitment and active leadership and involvement in supporting and
promoting rich heritage and traditions of the Russian program
•	Fluency of a second acquired language
•	Excellent writing skills
•	Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents
•	Ability to collaborate with colleagues
•	Ability to coach and/or sponsor a significant activity
•	Comfort with the independent school setting and involvement
•	Understand and exhibit high standards of professional conduct
•	Warmth, sense of humor, and tact

To Apply:
Please visit http://www.bbns.org/careers/3443  where you will see link to
Job Posting Notice for this position. After opening Job Posting Notice, in
right hand corner below How to Apply click on Apply for this job online.
Note: your online application as a single Word document should include
resume, cover letter, personal statement & reference list.

Online Application Format:
When uploadng your application documents, it is important that this be done
as one single Word document which contains: cover letter, resume, personal
statement, & reference list. (Please do not submit any documents in PDF
format.)

 Buckingham Browne & Nichols School does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, national origin or ancestry,
veteran status, sexual orientation, or any non-job related physical or
mental disability.  We welcome candidates who will increase our diversity;
we encourage candidates of color to apply.