changes in visa process

Ronald J. Meyer rm56 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Wed Jul 13 16:06:11 UTC 2011

I travelled to Russia in May and used a visa service: www.travisa.com. I
filled out the application on line, sent them my passport, and received my
passport with visa in 10 days or so. They also provide expedited service.

Ronald Meyer
Publications Editor
Harriman Institute, Columbia University

Adjunct Assistant Professor, M. A. Program in Russian Translation
Department of Slavic Languages, Columbia University

http://www.pen.org/members/rmeyer

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Jane Costlow
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 11:49 AM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: [SEELANGS] changes in visa process

  Dear colleagues,

     I'm in the process of attempting to get a visa for travel to Russia
later this month.  I had submitted everything and then got it returned
because beginning July 1 all applications must be done on line.
Currently the Embassy form is unavailable - the website is down - and
the visa service they refer you to is not answering their phone.  Any
suggestions?  Is anyone else in the middle of this?

Jane Costlow