Help to find DVD's with subtitles.

Melissa Smith mtsmith02 at YSU.EDU
Sat Jul 30 18:11:37 UTC 2011

<www.RussianDVD.com> is a good source. If the film has had an
international release, the DVD will usually have and English subtitles
track, which you have to remember to turn ON before watching the film.
Make sure it is in NTSC format if you don't have an international
format player. I have several in PAL format that have the subtitles as
well.

The case it comes in may be in Russian, but that is not necessarily an
indicator that it is without subtitles. I'm positive that "Burnt By the
Sun" is readily available, since it won the Oscar for "Best Foreign
Film." You can probably find a copy on Amazon, which has a lot as well.

Melissa Smith

On 7/29/11 11:40 AM, Stephanie Briggs wrote:
> Me too, please, especially Burnt by the Sun 2.
>
> *****************************
> ~Stephanie D. (Sures) Briggs
>
> Come have a look at my handmade knitted afghans and scarves!
> http://www.etsy.com/shop/shornlambs
>
> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/sdsures
> Facebook:  <http://warmochfuzzy.etsy.com/>
> http://www.facebook.com/stephanie.briggs3
>

> 2011/7/29 Stefani, Sara Marie <samastef at indiana.edu>
>
> > If anyone knows of such a source, could you post that information to
the
> > list - I am also interested in finding subtitled versions of these
movies.

> > Thank you!

-

Melissa T. Smith, Professor