translating Karataev

Ainsley Morse ainsler at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 13 20:38:14 UTC 2011

Dear SEELANGers,

Not long ago I read an article on translation, with specific examples
from War and Peace (cited excerpts focused on translating the speech
of Platon Karataev); the author wrote about having his Russian-
speaking students read and comment on different translations. I am
fairly certain this article was in SEEJ, but in old age my memory is
failing me; I am out of the country right now and can't check my
bookshelf, and have failed to locate the article online.

Could someone help me find the reference?

Thanks very much,

Ainsley