good intro article on early Soviet race attitudes?

Anne Fisher anne.o.fisher at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 15 04:41:09 UTC 2011

Thanks to Robert, Milla, Elena, Bob, and everyone who replied directly to
me.

I would prefer not to have to give the gloss at all, but if it's a choice
between that and softening or airbrushing the translation, I'll choose the
gloss!

Regards to the unfailingly helpful list,

Annie

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 5:39 PM, Robert A. Rothstein
<rar at slavic.umass.edu>wrote:

> On 3/14/2011 1:56 PM, latrigos at COMCAST.NET wrote:
>
>> A good resource is Kate A. Baldwin's book, BETWEEN THE COLOR LINE AND THE
>> IRON CURTAIN: READING ENCOUNTERS BETWEEN BLACK AND RED, 1922-1963 (Duke
>> University Press, 2002).
>>
> The title is actually BEYOND the color line and the Iron Curtain...
>
> Bob Rothstein

>                   http://seelangs.home.comcast.net/

Anne O. Fisher, Ph.D.
Russian Interpreter and Translator