help with translation

Slivkin, Yevgeniy A. slivkin at OU.EDU
Fri Mar 18 18:37:00 UTC 2011

Dear SEELАNGERS,
I am trying to help a person who is going to Moscow in April. She has a pacemaker for her heart which was implanted in January. She needs a card from her doctor explaining the situation translated into Russian so they will understand when she gets there. The text on the card is as following:
I have a Concerto II Defibrillator implanted.  If emergency, call 911.  Perform CPR.  Device's therapeutic shock may be felt but will not be harmful.  EMT: place the ext. defibrillator paddles 15cm away from the ICD. If ineffective, switch positions to posterior-anterior. Placing magnets over ICD will prevent delivery of tachy therapy, not alter pacing.
I do not feel competent to do the translation, it is too technical for me. Any help with the translation would be greatly appreciated. Please e-mail your suggestions directly to me: slivkin at ou.edu<mailto:slivkin at ou.edu>
Thank you very much.

Yevgeny Slivkin
University of Oklahoma