Moscow authorities's response to some adverts featuring Chaadaev and Tiutchev

Alexandra Smith Alexandra.Smith at ED.AC.UK
Sun Mar 20 11:04:34 UTC 2011

Dear colleagues,

There is an interesting report about the use of Russian literature in
advertising in Moscow and an unusual response to it:
http://www.openspace.ru/news/details/21228/

All best,
Alexandra

--------------------------------------
Alexandra Smith (PhD, University of London)
Reader in Russian Studies
Department of European Languages and Cultures
School of  Languages, Literatures and Cultures
The University of Edinburgh
David Hume Tower
George Square
Edinburgh EH8 9JX
UK

tel. +44-(0)131-6511381
fax: +44- (0)131 -651 -1482
e-mail: Alexandra.Smith at ed.ac.uk

Quoting Laura Kline <klinela at COMCAST.NET>:

> Dear All,
> Can you tell me how you break down Nachalo I and II by semester? Do you
> cover one book each year, and if so, do you cover 3 or 4 chapters in the 1st
> semester of Nachalo I? Also, is there a third-year text that you find works
> well for students who have used Nachalo I and II for the first two years?
> Thank you in advance for any information!
> Best,
> Laura
>

> Laura Kline, Ph.D
> Sr. Lecturer in Russian
> CMLLC
> Wayne State University
> 487 Manoogian
> 906 W. Warren
> Detroit, MI  48202

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.