History of the гопни к

Ian baiterek at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 21 20:55:31 UTC 2011

I am preparing a short piece and was curious what people knew about the history of the word and the concept (definitions and such).  I had been told it might come from Алесандр Розенбаум's song Гоп-стоп,мы подошли из-за угла (гоп-стоп being a term for street robbery) and wanted to tap SEELANGS mighty collective wisdom.  Many thanks an feel free to respond off list to baiterek at hotmail.com though I think a discussion here might be quite entertaining.Best,Ian