Final CFP: 6th Meeting of the Slavic Linguistics Society (France)

Irina KOR CHAHINE irina_korchahine at YAHOO.FR
Fri Mar 25 20:36:31 UTC 2011

Call for papers

The Sixth Annual Meeting of the Slavic Linguistics Society
Université de Provence, Aix-Marseille I, France
1-3 September 2011

We invite you to submit an abstract for the sixth meeting of the Slavic
Linguistics Society, to be held on 1-3 September, 2011 at the Université de
Provence, in Aix-en-Provence, France.

Keynote speakers:
Greville Corbett (University of Surrey)
Paul Garde (Université de Provence)
Marguerite Guiraud-Weber (Université de Provence)
Jack Feuillet (INALCO, Paris)
Vladimir Plungian (Institute of Linguistics, Moscow)
Zygmunt Saloni (Uniwersytet Warszawski)
Lea Sawicki (Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
Daniel Weiss (Universität Zürich)

The purpose of the Slavic Linguistic Society is to create a community of
students and scholars interested in Slavic linguistics in its broadest sense,
that is systematic and scholarly study of the Slavic languages and of the
contact between Slavic and non-Slavic languages. The Society aspires to be
as open and inclusive as possible; no school, framework, approach, or theory
is presupposed, nor is there any restriction in terms of geography, academic
affiliation or status.

Papers dealing with any aspect of Slavic linguistics as understood above and
within any framework are appropriate, including sociolinguistics, computational
linguistics, language acquisition, etc. The only restriction is that all papers
should address an issue pertaining to Slavic linguistics as defined above. We
encourage everyone to participate and ask you to share this announcement
with as many colleagues and students as possible. In view of the openness of
our orientation, all papers are expected to be readily intelligible to other
scholars, regardless of theoretical orientation.

Extended deadline for abstracts: 10 April 2011.

All abstracts (“SLS_2011_NAME.doc” or “.docx”) should contain the following
information:
(i) title of the paper;
(ii) name of author(s);
(iii) author's institution;
(iv) author's e-mail address;
(v) 3-5 key words;
(vi) abstract of the paper (no required lengh);
(vii) bibliography.

Abstracts are invited for 30-minute slots (20-minute presentation plus 10
minutes for discussion).
Selected participants will be notified by the 1st of May 2011.
Conference languages: English, French, and Slavic Languages.
Conference fees: 20 Euros for students (with a valid student ID), 50 Euros for
SLS members, 60 Euros for others.
Fees can be payed in cash at the conference registration.

Conference will be held at the Université de Provence, 29 avenue Robert
Schuman, 13100 Aix-en-Provence, France.
Conference Homepage: http://gsite.univ-provence.fr/gsite/document.php?
pagendx=10750&project=dept-slave
Conference Email: irina.kor-chahine at univ-provence.fr (with a copy to
<charles.zaremba at univ-provence.fr>)
About Aix-en-Provence (travel information, etc.):
http://en.aixenprovencetourism.com/

We also invite you to visit the Society's webpage:
http://www.utexas.edu/world/sls/

The organizing committee,
Irina Kor Chahine (Maître de conférences de linguistique russe)
Charles Zaremba (Professeur de linguistique slave)