UW-Madison BALSSI / Grad student tuition waivers for Estonian I and Latvian II

Jennifer Tishler jtishler at WISC.EDU
Wed May 11 21:41:44 UTC 2011

  Dear SEELANGERS:

The Baltic Studies Summer Institute (BALSSI) at the University of
Wisconsin-Madison still has tuition remission scholarships available for
first-year Estonian and second-year Latvian, for graduate students
specializing in East European studies in any discipline. This funding
has been made possible by a generous grant from the American Council of
Learned Societies (ACLS).

To inquire about this funding offer, please contact BALSSI program
coordinator Nancy Heingartner at balssi at creeca.wisc.edu (or call
608-265-6298).

BALSSI courses will run from June 13-August 5, 2011 at the University of
Wisconsin Madison. In addition to the two ACLS-funded courses mentioned
above, we are also offering instruction in:
-First-year Latvian
-First- and second-year Lithuanian

Time is running out to enroll for these courses, so please act quickly!

For more information about the program, please visit:
http://creeca.wisc.edu/balssi

Best regards,
Jennifer

Jennifer Ryan Tishler, Ph.D.
Associate Director
Center for Russia, East Europe, and Central Asia (CREECA)
210 Ingraham Hall
1155 Observatory Drive
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison, WI 53706