Perlustration

Alexei Kutuzov alexei_kutuzov at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 02:03:42 UTC 2011

Friends and Colleagues,

Could you tell me what the best scholarly literature on the practice of perlustration in Russia might be?  Perlustration is when someone, like a gov. official, opens, copies, or intercepts correspondence.  Happened to Pushky all the time.  I'm interested in the period of Cathy and Paul (1780s and 90s), but any leads would be fantastic.

Alternatively, if you could comment on the uses of "счастливо," that would be great (just kidding!).

Thank you, and toodles!

AK