2011 ASEEES event: Literature and Empire in Russian and the Soviet Union

Anna Frajlich-Zajac af38 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sun Nov 6 16:41:29 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues,

there is one more somewhat related panel:

  G-44, “Russian Culture and the Authority of the Classical
Tradition”, has been scheduled for Session  8, 11/19/2011 at 8:00
a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
·         Organizer:  Judith Kalb (jkalb at sc.edu)

·         Chair:  Anna Frajlich-Zajac (af38 at columbia.edu)

·         Presenter(s) and their paper:
Judith Kalb (jkalb at sc.edu), “Defining Classical Authority in Fin-de-
siecle Russia”
Francoise Rosset (frosset at wheatonma.edu), “Re-membering Nike:
Gumilev's "Samofrakiiskaia Pobeda”
Tom Dolack (dolack_thomas at wheatoncollege.edu), “Psyche, Antigone and
Eurydice: Culture, Ethics and Renewal in Mandelstam”
(), “”
(), “”

·         Discussant(s):
Rebecca Pyatkevich (pyatkevi at uwm.edu)