Ukrainian-language punk music

Alexander Babaris alexander.babaris at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 7 02:06:48 UTC 2011

Hi Ian,

Take a listen to Mad Heads (especially Mad Heads XL - with a horn section).

Alex

2011/11/6 Ian <baiterek at hotmail.com>

> So I was in a restaurant in L'viv a few years ago and heard a recording
of a really great Ukrainian punk group that sang in Ukrainian.  I was never
able to find out the name of the group and when I look for Ukrainian music
in Ukrainian online I usually get very folksy or popy things.  I am not
really looking for that particular group anymore, but was curious if anyone
had leads on Ukrainian punk bands that perform in Ukrainian.
> Best,
> Ian

Alex Babaris
MA European, Russian and Eurasian Area Studies
Carleton University
416-888-5987