PhD in Slavic Studies + Open Graduate Education Program at Brown University

Fidler, Masako Ueda masako_fidler at BROWN.EDU
Fri Nov 11 15:34:09 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues:

The Department of Slavic Languages at Brown University is now soliciting
applications for the PhD program in Slavic Studies. The program has a
strong interdisciplinary focus and students are expected to work with
departmental faculty as well as with faculty in related fields, such as
comparative literature, theater, history, art history, modern culture and
media, and political science. The program will train flexible and
innovative scholars able to address varying teaching and research needs in
the future job market.

This year we are pleased to announce the launching of an innovative
dimension to our program:
Students who have been admitted to a Brown PhD program can apply for the
Brown Open Graduate Education program. This project allows a small group of
doctoral students from any discipline the opportunity to pursue a master's
degree in a secondary field. Support for a sixth year and several summers
make the additional studies possible.

For admission information please go to
http://www.brown.edu/gradschool/academics-research/phd-programs/slavic-studies
Contact:  Prof. Alexander Levitsky (Alexander_Levitsky at brown.edu), Graduate
Advisor

The application deadline is January* 1, 2012.

We look forward to hearing from interested candidates. *

Mako Fidler

--
Masako Fidler
 Chair and Professor of Slavic Languages