e-reader question

Kjetil Rå Hauge k.r.hauge at ILOS.UIO.NO
Fri Nov 11 16:05:02 UTC 2011

On 11 Nov 2011, at 16:23, Cynthia Simmons wrote:

> Can anyone recommend an e-reader or similar device that offers the
> easiest and quickest way (app or other connection) to obtain a
> Russian-English translation of a word (what is available for an
> English-language text on the Kindle for instance).

This may not be what you had in mind, but the browser iCab for the
iPad wil translate into English whatever text you have selected on the
screen (just click the triangle to the right of "Copy"). It works
through Google translate, so I suppose it covers the languages
available there and is as exact or inexact as its source, and you will
have to be online to use it. It does not seem to work for PDFs.
--
---
Kjetil Rå Hauge, U. of Oslo, PO Box 1003 Blindern, N-0315 Oslo, Norway