Informal question: Other colloquial meanings of the verb "=?KOI8-R?Q?=D0=CF=CE=C9=CD=C1=D4=D8=22_?=(ponimat' - to understand) as an affirmation?

Stephanie Briggs sdsures at GMAIL.COM
Fri Nov 25 20:59:53 UTC 2011

Dear SEELANGers,

For personal interest, can anyone please explain to me, or point me to some
reading materials, about any colloquial meanings of the verb "понимать"
(ponimat'  - "to understand")?
For instance, is it ever used in place of indicating agreement with another
person or situation? Can it be used as another way of  saying "да" ("da")?

I've included typing in English in case the Cyrillic doesn't go through the
system; sometimes the encoding doesn't cooperate.

Thanks!

Stephanie Briggs.