ASEEES 2012 Panel

Arianna Nowakowski Arianna.Nowakowski at DU.EDU
Mon Nov 28 21:01:35 UTC 2011

Greetings Everyone,

Looking forward to the 2012 ASEEES conference in New Orleans, I would like to propose a panel and solicit interested participants.  Please see the information below and contact me off-list if you might be interested in contributing to the panel.

Working title: Embodiment and Russian Identity

The panel will be situated in the gender studies category and will deal with the ways in which the body, broadly conceptualized, has been implicated in Russia's quest for a post-Soviet national identity.  Potential topics might include: representations of the body or the embodied nation in media and/or cultural productions; the intersection of the body with categories such as religion, ethnicity, and class; the sexualization/gendering of the body; the body and political subjectivities, etc.  Scholars interested feminist studies, queer theory, masculinist studies, and other related areas are welcome to participate.  Please note that this description is tentative and will be modified to better reflect the interests of the panelists.

We are currently in need of a chair and two presenters.  Please let me know no later than December 15 if you would be interested in participating.

Best wishes,
Arianna Nowakowski

University of Denver

.