Do you agree?

Thu Oct 6 00:25:23 UTC 2011

Anna Frajlich-Zajac wrote:

> Perhaps it is "origin" which is a neuter noun "pochodzenie".
> But it has to be checked against other passport samples.

All this is speculation, of course, no matter how erudite we are.

The only way to be sure is to see the exact wording of the passport, not
just the single word "Мещанское." Most official forms offer the clerk
guidance as to what data to enter and in what form, and if the form
specifies (for example) "город, пгт, деревня, село" before the line in
question, that would be decisive.

Without this context, we might as well be debating the existence of a
god. No one can prove anything either way.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com