SEELANGS Facebook page

Sarah Hurst sarahhurst at ALASKA.NET
Sat Oct 8 22:31:37 UTC 2011

I think that Facebook is planning to phase out the discussion threads on all
pages at the end of this month.

Actually a group would be better than a "page" for this kind of thing, but
mine got set up as a page.

Sarah

-----Original Message-----
From: SEELANGS: Slavic & East European Languages and Literatures list
[mailto:SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of Alexander Stratienko
Sent: Saturday, October 08, 2011 11:23 AM
To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] SEELANGS Facebook page

It is great that you started that page "some time ago"! It contains the
FORUM option, where you (and other memebers) are able to create separate
discussion threads. And you may always see the list of those threads. It is
very useful! I tried to start a page and a group recently, and now it is
possible to get only that "chat-like" format... Maybe I am doing something
wrong? I don't know. But I see that the FORUM option is only in the
"old-fashioned" pages...

> Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 08:30:16 -0800
> From: sarahhurst at ALASKA.NET
> Subject: [SEELANGS] SEELANGS Facebook page
> To: SEELANGS at bama.ua.edu
>
> I started a Facebook page called "Russian Translating" some time ago and
it
> didn't really get off the ground, but if anyone would like to "like" it,
> maybe we could meet there on Facebook while continuing to keep SEELANGS as
> an email list. It's quite hard to keep up with a group that's located in
two
> different places (email and Facebook). One of the advantages of the
Facebook