The Chuckchi Bible

Paul Richardson paulr at RUSSIANLIFE.COM
Thu Oct 13 12:28:53 UTC 2011

Dear SEELANGERS:

Interestingly enough, the new issue of Chtenia: Readings from Russia (#16), includes an excerpt from Rytkheu's fine book, The Chuckchi Bible, in addition to these other fine works in translation:

Chtenia 16
Fall 2011
"Wisdom & Wit"

7: The Roads to Wisdom - tamara eidelman
15: Cutting Them Down to Size - vasily shukshin
27: How There Once Was a Fly... - dmitry mamin-sibiryak
38: I've No Wisdom - konstantin balmont
41: An Officer's Belt - sergei dovlatov
55: Faith and Humor - maya kucherskaya
63: Uncommon Wisdom - kozma prutkov
78: Wisdom - iosif utkin
81: The School for Shamans - yuri rytkheu
103: Village of Fools - natalia klyucharova
124: Play - zinaida gippius

Chtenia is the only regularly published journal of Russian literature in translation, and has been published quarterly since January 2008. Each themed issue contains not just fiction, but memoirs, humor, photography, poetry and more, all centered about the chosen theme. Now entering its 5th year of publication, Chtenia subscriptions and back issues are available at:

http://www.chtenia.com

Best,

Paul Richardson
Publisher