Chtenia

Paul Richardson paulr at RUSSIANLIFE.COM
Thu Oct 13 20:44:19 UTC 2011

Sarah:

I guess it depends on what your definition of a journal is.

Glas started out as a numbered journal, though I am uncertain what the original frequency was. A few years back, Natasha Perova transformed Glas into what is now a numbered series of books. She releases 2-3 volumes per year, I estimate.

Journal could for some have a rather looser definition than my usage. And there may well be some journals of infrequent or irregular frequency that publish Russian lit in translation (I seem to recall there was one in New Hampshire a while back).

Perhaps I should have said "periodical" rather than journal. In point of fact Chtenia is a periodical publication (quarterly) by the rather strict and cumbersome definitions of the USPS.

Nuf said.

Paul