My Perestroika: campus visit

Dianna Murphy diannamurphy at WISC.EDU
Fri Oct 21 15:55:25 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues,

I am glad to hear of the interest in "My Perestroika"!  I hope that many
of you will come to a screening of the film at the 2012 AATSEEL
Conference. Robin will be offering a special discounted rate on copies
of the DVD for AATSEEL members and conference participants.

Information about this film screening, as well as other special events
at the 2012 AATSEEL Conference, is online at:
www.aatseel.org/program/special-events/

"My Perestroika" was shown at the Wisconsin Film Festival in Madison
last year, to a sold-out audience.  We brought a group of Russian
students; the response was terrific.

Best regards,
Dianna

On 10/21/11 10:34 AM, Clowes, Edith W wrote:
> I'd like to second Amanda's pitch for Robin Hessman. She visited KU as part
> of our August conference on "Identity and Community after the Cold War Era."
> She did a magnificent and lengthy Q&A following the screening of "My
> Perestroika" with 150+ people in attendance.
>

> Edith W. Clowes,
> Professor, Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
> http://www2.ku.edu/~slavic/
> Director, Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies
> http://www.crees.ku.edu
> University of Kansas
> Lawrence, KS  66045
>
> Have a look: "Russia on the Edge: Imagined Geographies and Post-Soviet Identity"
> http://www.cornellpress.cornell.edu/author/?fa=ShowAuthor&Person_ID=265

**************
Dianna L. Murphy, PhD
Associate Director, Language Institute
Associate Director, Russian Flagship Center
1322 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706
diannamurphy at wisc.edu
(608) 262-1575