Revised Programme for Cambridge Symposium on Ihor Savchenko

S. K. Larsen 2slarsen at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 28 12:35:22 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues,

(with apologies for cross-postings)

I write to inform you that we have had to significantly revise the
previously circulated programme for the Symposium, 'A Hidden History
of Soviet Cinema: The Legacy of Ihor Savchenko' as a result of Marlen
Khutsiev's
recent hospitalization.  We regret to inform you that he is currently in
intensive care following a heart attack and is unable to travel.

We hope that Marlen Martynovich will make a smooth recovery and come to
Cambridge at some future time, but we are proceeding with the Symposium on
its original dates with a revised (but still very exciting!)  schedule
of  screenings and talks by speakers from Germany, Russia, Ukraine,
the US and the UK.

The new programme is posted online here:

www.cambridgeukrainianstudies.org

We hope that some of you resident in the UK will attend the Symposium
and/or encourage your graduate students to do so. We do still have some
funding available to assist graduate students with travel costs *within the
UK*. Please have any of your students who might be interested in attending
the conference contact me(sl545 at cam.ac.uk) immediately.

with best wishes,

Susan Larsen