Digital Collections of Russian Art

Margaret Samu margaret.samu at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 30 14:08:22 UTC 2011

Dear Alexander,

One good site is the Russian Avant-Garde Gallery, which covers the first
half of the twentieth century. It groups the artists by movement and
provides basic information about each movement and artist. The site is
constantly under construction and expansion, but in general it is
dependable and has good images.
http://www.russianavantgard.com/

If you are looking for individual images to download, I would suggest
Wikimedia Commons (for English searches), which seems to be the same system
as Викисклад (for searches in Cyrillic) though they sometimes yield
different results. I used to get better results from Yandex image searches,
but the Wikimedia/Викисклад now has so many high-quality images that I use
Yandex only if I can't find what I want elsewhere.

Best regards,
Margaret

Margaret Samu, Ph.D.
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Art History Department
Stern College for Women at Yeshiva University
215 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY  10016