"Scientific Russian" request

Francoise Rosset frosset at WHEATONMA.EDU
Tue Sep 6 23:43:29 UTC 2011

Mnogouvazhamye kollegi:

I have to design an Independent study course for one of our minors
(she is a pre-med cum German major and a minor in Russian) to use as
a Russian course and to connect to her work on immunology. We are
thinking of designing it around her analysing and translating Russian
texts on the topic

I once taught another Independent study on Scientific Russian, and
yes, I have a bit of a background as a scienc-y type (former Physics
major and wannabe geologist).

But I need help.

Magner's 1958 *Manual of Scientific Russian* is available online. I
ordered the 1993 book by Simes-Timofeeva and Rappaport. The books in
our libraries are much older ...

Any other text you would recommend, and where is a good source for
articles on biology and immunology in Russian, preferably online?
Does the Rossiiskaia Akademiia meditsinkikh nauk have something
online (I'm still looking ...).
We do have library access to the Vestnik Rossiiskoi akademii nauk --
in English!!
BUT I have found a portal on Immunology, in Russian, from the Rossiiskaia AN

All suggestions are welcome,
-FR
--

Francoise Rosset