New journal--The Journal of Russian Icons

Raoul Smith rsmith at MUSEUMOFRUSSIANICONS.ORG
Thu Sep 8 17:09:16 UTC 2011

---Announcing the Journal of Russian Icons

The Museum of Russian Icons in Clinton, Massachusetts, houses the
largest collection of Russian icons in the United States. In conformity
to its mission "to enhance relations between Russia and the United
States through the medium of art, especially Russian icons" the Museum
is pleased to announce the dedication of a section of its website for
the publication of peer-reviewed research papers in its Scholars' Forum.

We are soliciting original papers in all areas of the study of icons,
including inter-disciplinary and comparative studies, and not limited
just to icons from Russia. Topics can be historical, linguistic,
iconographic, regional, etc.

In addition to scholarly research papers, we are also soliciting book
reviews, exhibition reviews, and conference announcements; each has its
own subsite.

Directions for all submissions are on the website,
www.museumofrussianicons.org <http://www.museumofrussianicons.org>

All submissions should be sent to research at museumofrussianicons.org
<mailto:research at museumofrussianicons.org> .

203 Union Street, Clinton, Massachusetts 01510

978.598.5000 x25

Professor Raoul Smith

Research Fellow

Museum of Russian Icons