Visiting Assistant Professor of Russian: Davidson College

Ewington, Amanda amewington at DAVIDSON.EDU
Fri Sep 9 23:07:47 UTC 2011

Visiting Assistant Professor of Russian: Davidson College

The Russian Department at Davidson College, a highly-selective, small liberal arts college near Charlotte, North Carolina, invites applications for a full-time two-year visiting position with possibility of renewal, beginning August 1, 2012 (PhD in hand or expected by 31 July 2012). We are looking for a colleague who is a demonstrated gifted language teacher, has strong scholarly potential, is committed to mentoring undergraduate students, and will enthusiastically contribute to the growth of Russian Studies on campus.  Teaching load is 2/3 or 3/2.  Specialization: Twentieth-century Russian literature, with preference given to the Silver Age.  Native or near-native proficiency in Russian is required.

To apply, please submit a cover letter, c.v., statement of teaching philosophy, and a writing sample to our HR website at <https://jobs.davidson.edu/> https://jobs.davidson.edu<https://jobs.davidson.edu/>.  In addition, official graduate school transcripts and three letters of recommendation should be mailed to: Russian Search, Davidson College, Box 7129, Davidson, NC 28035-7129.  Applications must be complete by November 15.  We will be conducting interviews at the AATSEEL meeting in Seattle.

Davidson is strongly committed to achieving excellence and cultural diversity, and welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups, and others who would bring additional dimensions to the college’s mission.