"Hardy Boys" in Russian

Marina Balina mbalina at IWU.EDU
Tue Sep 13 13:30:35 UTC 2011

The first two books that come to my mind would be Valentin Kataev, "Beleet
parus odinokii", 1936, and Veniamin Kaverin, "Dva kapitana", 1946.  There
were no special series designated for boys (this is much more a post-soviet
phenomenon) but the adventure element in children's narratives had the most
stable presence in stories for both boys and girls during all years of
soviet children's literature existence.
Marina Balina

2011/9/13 Robert Orr <colkitto at rogers.com>

> This one's quite fun ......
>
> Aleksejev S., Рассказы о Суворове и русских солдатов, Moscow: Detgiz: 1963.
>
> The University of Alberta Libnrary may still have a copy ......

Marina Balina
Isaac Funk Professor
Professor of Russian Studies
MCLL Department