call for submissions

Taya Kitaysky taya.kitaysky at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 15 06:33:06 UTC 2011

As the Russian poetry editor for *Ice Floe,* an international journal of
northern poetry published by the University of Alaska Press, I'd like to
welcome any submissions of poetry from northern Russia--including poems by
poets based in Siberia or poems written in native Siberian languages. I'll
also be looking for translators to translate these poems into English, so
please contact me if you're interested in being featured as a translator in
the upcoming issue as well.

To learn more about the journal and submission guideliness, please visit *Ice
Floe*'s webpage <http://www.alaska.edu/uapress/ice-floe/> on the University
of Alaska Press website and see the official call for submissions below.

*Please send Russian submissions to me at takitaysky at alaska.edu* *by
November 1st* (disregard the email address and deadline in the call for
submissions below).

Also, please feel free to pass the below call for submissions along to any
poets or translators working in Greelandic, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish,
or Finnish. They may submit to the email address posted below (
icefloe at uaa.alaska.edu).

Thank you!

Taya Kitaysky

ICE FLOE
2012 CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

Ice Floe, the award-winning journal of circumpolar poetry, has returned as a
book series from the University of Alaska Press. We are currently seeking
submissions for our 2012 volume.

Poets and translators from Alaska, Northern Canada, Greenland, Iceland,
Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Northern Russia are encouraged to submit new,
original work. Selections will be printed in their original language and in
English translation. Our only criterion is excellence; any language, style,
or subject matter is welcome.

Please submit no more than five poems. Simultaneous submissions will be
considered, as will previously published work if accompanied by appropriate
permissions. If possible, provide English translations when appropriate and
a brief paragraph of biographic information.

Electronic submissions (either in the body of an email message or as an
attached MSWord file) are preferred and may be sent toicefloe at uaa.alaska.edu

Alternately, submissions may be mailed to

University of Alaska Press
c/o Ice Floe
PO Box 756240
Fairbanks, Alaska 99775-6240

2012 Submission Deadline: 1 January 2012