Mircea Eliade

Liv Bliss bliss.mst at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 21 03:47:56 UTC 2011

Dear Fellow SEELANGers

Does anyone have access to Willard R. Trask's translation of Mircea Eliade's Myth and Reality? I'm looking for a quote that I believe is on page 185.

It begins "In modern society, narrative prose and in particular the novel has [sic] replaced myths and stories." That much I know for sure. But does the sentence end there or go on? If it goes on, the ending might be something like "in primitive societies."

I handed "my" Interlibrary loan copy back to the local library only a few days ago, and today realized that I shouldn't have...

Off-list replies would probably be best.

Thank you all so much in advance.
Liv

Liv Bliss
ATA-Certified Russian to English Translator
tel.: (928) 367 1615
email: bliss.mst @ gmail.com

for you are crunchy and good with ketchup -- Anon.